Talk

Advanced search

Concerned about Pup, please help

(13 Posts)
MyGuideJools Sat 15-Jun-19 14:27:14

Hi. it's Saturday and the vet is closed. not sure if I need to ring emergency vet or not.
5 month old Lab is lethargic today. usually follows me about and is full of beans but just plonks himself down and has been really sleepy today. He ate his dinner but with less enthusiasm than normal.
He had a bath yesterday and did shiver for 10 minutes afterwards. His nose is warm.and dry.
should I be worried?

OP’s posts: |
sidsgranny Sat 15-Jun-19 14:29:58

I would to be on the safe side.

Hope he's ok.

BiteyShark Sat 15-Jun-19 14:33:05

Hard to say but I would trust your instincts as you know your dog. If you think things aren't right there is no harm phoining the emergency vet for advice.

missmouse101 Sat 15-Jun-19 14:33:20

I would ring the emergency vets to be on the safe side too. He doesn't sound right.

BrokenWing Sat 15-Jun-19 14:35:20

If he has only been lethargic today and in the absence of any other symptoms (eating/drinking/urinating/pooing normally, ears/eyes look/smell ok, a body check/feel doesn't show any signs of pain), I would wait until tomorrow morning. If it continues then call the vet.

MyGuideJools Sat 15-Jun-19 15:23:09

Thank you for swift replies, he perked up for a bit just now, ate a few bits of kibble (he's already eaten his dinner) and chewed on his toy for a bit then did a little yelp so I'm wondering if it's something mouth/tooth related.
His resp rate is 40 but his doesn't appear in any pain.

MyGuideJools Sat 15-Jun-19 17:29:21

it's definately something to do with his mouth, he is dribbling from one side and is being gentle taking a treat whereas he usually rips it from my hand!
He has lost a lot of baby teeth already so maybe to do with that or maybe he hurt it with something? What a shame they can't tell ussad
He is just following me round so we are now all cosy on the sofa. There is a walk-in vet tomorrow which I will take him to

BiteyShark Sat 15-Jun-19 17:33:17

Awww poor thing. Have you some wet food you could feed in the meantime which will be easier to eat?

MyGuideJools Sat 15-Jun-19 18:33:42

No I havnt bitey I could pop and get some or could he have his kibble soaked in warm water? He's just had a few slices of strawberry and banana which he enjoyed.

Wolfiefan Sat 15-Jun-19 18:34:31

Any sign of a sting or a broken tooth?

MyGuideJools Sat 15-Jun-19 20:16:30

I've tried looking in his mouth, he's not keen! the bottom left jaw looks abit swollen and wet (dribbly) but I can't see much else.

tryingtobebetterallthetime Sat 15-Jun-19 20:22:09

Could it just be teething? From what I have read this is the right age and it can cause these symptoms. I hope he feels better soon.

MyGuideJools Sat 15-Jun-19 20:39:44

it could be just teething I guess but he's not his usual bouncy naughty self.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in