Talk

Advanced search

Insurance advice please- Bought by Many

(7 Posts)
joystir59 Fri 17-May-19 11:38:36

Tesco have just put the premium up for my 6yr old Jack Russell from £33 to £50! We have never even claimed anything. Had anyone any experience of Bought by Many? Thinking of switching to them. Anyone got any recommendations? Thank you in advance

OP’s posts: |
joystir59 Fri 17-May-19 11:39:06

I mean the monthly payments have gone up to £50

OP’s posts: |
BiteyShark Fri 17-May-19 11:51:45

No experience of them but do check whether there are any pre existing exclusions when you swop.

Pre existing conditions can be applied on things that you have mentioned to the vet even if you haven't claimed or be treated for so it's best to check now rather than at claim time because my company asks for a full history from the vet for everything on the first claim.

Medievalist Fri 17-May-19 12:19:24

I had this with my Lab and Direct Line - suddenly short up around that age. But when I queried it they said it was common to have a premium hike around that age. But see my thread about premiums now being £181 pcm!!!

As Biteyshark says, be very wary about switching. It's not just anything your dog has been treated for before which will be excluded by a new provider as a pre-existing condition, but potentially anything you've raised with the vet which might be on your dog's notes.

PetraDelphiki Fri 17-May-19 12:23:49

I can’t say about switching to them but I’ve used them since I got ddog and they’ve been great - paid out every claim quickly no hassles. I did get slightly worried when I got the “we are changing your premium” email....but it actually went down almost 10%!!! Which is a nice change from all the other insurance companies you deal with!

missbattenburg Fri 17-May-19 12:45:03

I use BBM and have done since puppyhood - my experience matches that of PetraDelphiki. Quick to pay out, no quibbles, recently put my premiums down a little bit. But then Battendog is still young so plenty of time to hike them back up grin

OverFedStanley Fri 17-May-19 13:16:10

BBM +have put up prices this year for many policy holders claiming there has been a 7% increase in the average vet bill.

Also they put their prices up when dogs become 3 rather than 7 which is more normal for other companies so check it works for the age of your dog. A big hike when dogs become older so again watch for that. Some customers have had a 35% increase on their premiums due to this.

However they give good cover (a lot of exemptions for pre existing illness though) easy to pay up and communicate with

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in