Stinky little rascal...

(7 Posts)
despondentatwork Fri 17-May-19 11:32:59

Loves to run through/eat & drag cow poo around. As well as bits of placenta/umbilical cord etc. Needless to say after this she stinks & I'm bathing her regularly. Which is a struggle as she hates it! So to make life easier I was wondering about filling out bath & using the showerhead. Do any of you do this? Obv it'd be disinfected afterwards....

OP’s posts: |
Floralnomad Fri 17-May-19 11:41:33

Get a Mud Daddy , fill it with warm water before you go out and deal with the dog outside .

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Fri 17-May-19 11:49:55

I do DDog in the bath, either filling it up and letting him have a bit of a splash or under the shower.

Two things helped him to learn to like them - firstly, nice warm water and secondly having a ball in there to play with (especially if you fill the bath up a bit, it floats and he can paw at it etc). He used to put on the brakes if he thought it was bathtime, but he'll now jump in on command and willingly sit under the warm shower head, moving his body so it hits the right bit!

MrsIronfoundersson Fri 17-May-19 12:13:42

I wash our dog in the shower, I get in with him after luring him in with dog treats.

Singlenotsingle Fri 17-May-19 12:18:08

I put my dog in the empty bath and shower her with warm water and dog shampoo. She wriggles a bit but she doesn't really mind.

despondentatwork Fri 17-May-19 12:25:53

No scrapes in the white enamel tub? That's why my DH has banned it.....I have been thinking about a Mud Daddy for a while, actually. It's be a good investment if she carries on like this.

OP’s posts: |
Singlenotsingle Fri 17-May-19 12:37:51

I wouldn't put her in the upstairs enamel bath! She goes in the plastic one downstairs which is past it's best anyway. grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in