How do I cut his fringe??

(14 Posts)
Maxineputyourredshoeson Thu 28-Mar-19 16:21:33

Steve is now 11wks and his fur is starting to get into his eyes but he’s far to wriggly to get near with a pair of scissors, even with one of us holding him and the other trying to cut. Obviously we don’t want to hurt him but equally we don’t want his fur to get into his eyes and hurt him.

He will be going to the groomers but hasn’t had his second injection yet - booked for next week.

OP’s posts: |
BiteyShark Thu 28-Mar-19 16:40:31

Can you do it if you wait until he is extremely tired? I find I can do things such as file my dogs nails when he is very sleepy where as he wouldn't let me anywhere near if he was awake.

Maxineputyourredshoeson Thu 28-Mar-19 17:25:36

I thought he was really tired the last time we tried, he thought it was a fun new game grin Will try again when he’s pooped.

picklemepopcorn Thu 28-Mar-19 17:33:47

Do it in two stages. Pop a band in it first- try and get it central- then when he has settled a bit trim the part in the bobble. It will be the Mumsnet haircut for dogs.

Maxineputyourredshoeson Thu 28-Mar-19 17:55:36

Ahhh I hadn’t even thought of that! We will give it a go...

BiteyShark Thu 28-Mar-19 18:08:25

* Mumsnet haircut for dogs* grin

SerendipityFelix Thu 28-Mar-19 18:15:40

You can get special dog grooming scissors for faces that have rounded ends for safety

Advertisement

Maxineputyourredshoeson Thu 28-Mar-19 22:02:16

Those are the ones I bought, but I’m still worried I’m going to cut him or poke him in the eye. We’re going to try the bobble trick I think...

MrsCasares Sat 30-Mar-19 12:04:08

No puppy photo - no advice (am being a meanie today).

MrsCasares Sat 30-Mar-19 12:04:40

Ha ha at Mumsnet haircut for dogs.

Greyhound22 Sat 30-Mar-19 12:36:51

I need to see Steve so I can assess his fringe

Maxineputyourredshoeson Sat 30-Mar-19 19:24:32

@Greyhound22 and @MrsCasares Here he is! The pic is a couple of weeks old now and he won’t look at me to get another face on pic grin

MrsCasares Sun 31-Mar-19 10:48:47

Ahh he’s lovely. Can you wrap him up in a towel and get someone to hold him whilst you snip his fringe with safety scissors?

Good luck.

Maxineputyourredshoeson Sun 31-Mar-19 12:06:32

We have rounded ends scissors. Will try with a towel, if that doesn’t work it will be an attempt at the ‘Mumsnet haircut for dogs’ grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in