Holiday places that take dogs

(5 Posts)
BiscuitDrama Fri 22-Mar-19 18:04:33

But specify ‘dogs must not be left alone in the accommodation’ - how does that work for going swimming/to eat if it’s part of a complex with some facilities? Do people actually just do it in shifts?
Just wondering if I’m missing something or if it’s something that everyone ignores.

We haven’t taken the dog on holiday yet (she’s a rescue that we got last summer) so I’m asking daft questions. grin

OP’s posts: |
ImMeantToBeWorking Fri 22-Mar-19 18:38:17

I would love to know about this too. I did ring one place and they said it on the phone. I asked how we could eat and they said there is a lounge in reception and we could be served there with the dog with us. Seems like a lot of hassle. Easier to leave him with friends. But Ireland is still a bit behind the UK in relation to our furry family.

tabulahrasa Fri 22-Mar-19 19:08:23

No clue, I don’t book it if it’s says that, I figure that means dogs are tolerated rather than welcome and keep looking.

longearedbat Sat 23-Mar-19 12:43:02

We used to take our two dogs on holiday all the time. Rented cottages were fine, even though ones that will allow 2 dogs are few and far between. And yes, they usually specified dogs not to be left alone, so we just had to make sure that the beaches, pubs and cafes we went to were dog friendly. It does help if you train your dog(s) to sit quietly under tables etc. I would not book a dog holiday in a complex that sounds as though it only tolerates dogs, it would be no fun for any of you. Otherwise leave your dog in kennels/with a friend/home boarding, or what have you.
We had some wonderful cottage holidays all over the country with our dogs, and they just loved it. Now we only have one dog, travel abroad, and she goes to kennels.

JaneEyre07 Sun 24-Mar-19 21:26:27

We've stayed on a few complexes that are dog friendly in the restaurants, so we just took ours and they quietly laid under the table while we ate. Best ones were Gara Rock in Devon and Una St Ives - both for being dog friendly and very good food. Swimming had to be done in shifts though, unless you've got a crate and your dog is happy to be left in one.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in