Can anyone shed light on why my dog has done this?

(5 Posts)
Babyroobs Sat 16-Mar-19 11:17:13

My lovely 18 month old cocker spaniel has always been very well house trained and never has accident in the house. This morning he got up off my bed, went into my daughter's room and pooped on top of a freshly washed football kit all ready for training this morning ! He had a walk latish last night as he always does, does not seem ill in any way and the poo was not loose or anything ( thank goodness). We were not late sleeping in or anything. It has unsettled me a little. I have started a new full on full time job a few weeks ago and I guess he is used to me being around a lot more previously. He has a dog walker who takes him for long walks with other dogs and I have 3 teenagers who are around quite a bit for him but he is spending more time on his own. Could this be a reason or is it just my guilt kicking in. It wont always be this way, the job will be more home based eventually and its just the induction part which means I'm away more. He also has our other older dog for company.

OP’s posts: |
LittleFoote Sat 16-Mar-19 11:24:14

My dog did this once. Turned out he was spooked by the neighbours being broken into.
On a side note, the cat did the same when someone tried to steal our motorbikes.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 16-Mar-19 12:32:29

Have you washed it in something different (detergent) and he doesn't like the smell? The fact he didn't attempt to hide it might mean he wanted to over power the clothing smell ?

missmouse101 Sat 16-Mar-19 12:35:44

Have you changed his food?

Babyroobs Sat 16-Mar-19 12:37:51

Thanks for the replies - he now does have diarrhoea and is eating grass so I'm guessing he does have an upset tummy and that he needed just to go quickly !

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in