Comfy dogbed for Labrador

(12 Posts)
RMogs Wed 13-Mar-19 19:57:58

We're looking for a soft comfy bed for our 30k lab. She used to sleep on the sofa, but since we have to shut the Stargate as DS can climb out of his cot, she is taking great issue with being locked either down stairs and not able to join us or upstairs with her flat dog bed and not allowed in the bed...she likes her comfort.

OP’s posts: |
BorderlineExperimental Wed 13-Mar-19 20:04:31

My whippets (connoisseurs of comfort) absolutely love their HiK9s. They've got several of the canvas beds with cosy sleeves and they will voluntarily use them (at least some of the time) even though they've got access to multiple sofas as well.

Their Tuffies mattress bed (currently with a tunnel cover but used to just have a plain fleece one) is also popular and has lasted really well.

randomsabreuse Wed 13-Mar-19 20:07:50

Aldi's special buy bed is appreciated by our lab. Large is ok but extra large is better. Might stil be on website. He seemed to prefer it to our £100 memory foam nest bed - the nest is definitely where it's at!

PutyourtoponTrevor Wed 13-Mar-19 20:22:21

Orvis

JaneEyre07 Wed 13-Mar-19 20:42:42

I've just bought an XL tuffies nest bed for my 2 spaniels. They share a bed so I bought the biggest that would fit in the space!! It's such good quality, doesn't remotely smell and stands up well to both of them roughing up the cushion before they settle. I'm so done with buying cheap beds that don't last more than 2 washes.

RMogs Thu 14-Mar-19 22:27:52

Thanks all... Will have a look now.
I know what you mean about cheap beds... mostly a complete false economy

OP’s posts: |
Loseitandkeepitlost Thu 14-Mar-19 22:29:05

Have a look at Orvis, they do some lovely beds.

Advertisement

dreaminofholidays Thu 14-Mar-19 22:34:52

Another vote for the Aldi special buy dog beds. My greyhounds have the XL size, they are 37kg and 30kg.

Another plus they fit in the washing machine x

Dottierichardson Thu 14-Mar-19 22:39:33

My vet recommended foam beds, and to try sitting on them to see if they bounce back into shape, vet bed on top also helps with comfort.

Easterbunnyiscomingsoon Thu 14-Mar-19 22:44:57

Yours of course op...

gettingtherequickly Fri 15-Mar-19 07:04:29

Clever paws are brilliant beds. It's a small company set up by a guy because he was struggling to find the right bed for his larger dog.

Excellent quality and decent prices. I have bought them for all my ex racing greyhounds and they love them.

ApolloandDaphne Fri 15-Mar-19 08:08:13

I bought. A large foam one for our lab as she has issues with her joints. Had it a year now and it looks as good as the day we got it. It has a water proof cover then washable fleece covers. She loves it. I can't recall where I got it though

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in