Pushchair for larger dog

(3 Posts)
florriepeck Tue 19-Feb-19 09:46:51

Where can I buy a pushchair for my elderly rescue collie cross?
He weighs around 17kg.
Off on a UK holiday with him soon, and he can't walk as far as he used to, so we thought a dog pushchair would be handy for when he tires while out, and would mean that our own time out walking would not be restricted.
I've only ever seen small dogs out and about in strollers/pushchairs.

OP’s posts: |
spot102 Tue 19-Feb-19 20:18:46

Look into Burley trailers not cheap but nice and light. They convert between bike, pushchair and various others with different kits (is a ski kit too). Also fold down small quickly and easily for transportation (they are quite large set up). But you're probably looking at £3-400 unless you can pick up one 2nd hand, maybe on e-bay! I used one for my incapacitated dog (Dalmatian), and yes they are good, and worth the money if you are going to use it regularly. Not sure what the weight limit was on it (think was 40kg, but check), but I had my 25k dog in it and was ok. Wasn't a lot of spare space, but your dog would probably be smaller

I have seen sundry others much cheaper on e-bay, but have no experience of them, so couldn't say how good they are

BusySnipingOnCallOfDuty Wed 20-Feb-19 12:41:01

Those pull along radio flyer style trailers could be an idea, you can often get covers for them as well

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in