Boxer puppy heart murmur

(2 Posts)
Mummyof2x Mon 11-Feb-19 13:21:42

Hi everyone,
My mother has a little of 9 puppies all of the puppies have been recently vet checked and came back healthly .However , one has a slight heart murmur grade 1.
Well ,the situation is this puppy which was diagnosed with a heart murmur fell very ill earlier on and was treated with antibiotic and recovered( I personally think this infection has somewhat damaged the heart ) . I told my mother not to advertise this puppy until it had a clear health check, but a family ended up reserving the dog. Since than I had told my mother to refuse to go forward with the sale ,until it has the all clear . So my mother had explained to the person the recent diagnosis and that the vet said it could possibly clear . My point of the argument is if it doesn't clear ,than where does that leave everyone in my opinion. Why would someone want to continue with a purchase knowing these risks? And if it doesn't clear what rights would the buyer have ?
What would people recommend to do ? I am disappointed that my mum is willing continue to proceed with the sale to be honest.

OP’s posts: |
Lonecatwithkitten Mon 11-Feb-19 13:28:55

It's a boxer there are congenital heart conditions in boxers it should have an ultrasound scan to determine the cause of the murmur.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in