Second jabs and a very quiet dog. Worried 😟

(4 Posts)
KateGrey Fri 01-Feb-19 18:58:32

I took our boy (11 weeks) to the vet for his second jab today. He’s quite a quiet boy and never normally goes in his crate but he has slept a lot of the day (he did eat his dinner) but he’s very quiet and is sat in his crate and didn’t even come out when my dh got home and he normally greets him with a lot of fuss and tail wagging. My dh went to see hello by his crate and he turned his back on him. Has anyone else had this?

OP’s posts: |
Celebelly Fri 01-Feb-19 19:03:31

That's quite common. Ours was sleepy and a bit withdrawn after her jabs but back to her usual self the next day! Just keep an eye on him and let him rest.

BiteyShark Fri 01-Feb-19 19:13:36

Going to the vets is very stressful for them and can knock them sideways for a bit. Even now as an adult if we have been to the vets without any treatment mine sleeps a lot afterwards.

Keep an eye on him but hopefully he will be bouncing about again soon.

KateGrey Fri 01-Feb-19 19:31:49

That’s really reassuring thank you. I’ll keep an eye on him. He’s not a hugely bouncy boy anyway. He has moments of play but he’s quite quiet but he’s slept most of the day. He did so well at the vets but I should’ve thought it would be quite an overwhelming experience for him.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in