What's this on my poor boys face?

(7 Posts)
KCLover Thu 31-Jan-19 19:10:50

I know he's got gunky eyes were taking care of them at the moment, I'm talking about the bit circled.

I've not noticed it before, I'm sure it's just normally white fur there. It looks a dark red underneath and when I touch it bits of his fur come off it? sad He's a KC pup, 9 months old. Will get him to a vet.. but it's nothing sinister, is it?

OP’s posts: |
KCLover Thu 31-Jan-19 19:23:24

Better pic

Veterinari Thu 31-Jan-19 19:28:49

It’s difficult to see exactly where it is without any facial landmarks in the photo.
It looks like a spot of pyoderma but tricky to see. He’s only a baby so very unlikely to be anything sinister

KCLover Thu 31-Jan-19 19:33:49

@Veterinari It's in between in his eyes and above his nose. Photo attached for reference, this photo was taken before it appeared it's just to show where on the face it is now. Ignore grumpy face he'd just been rudely awakened smile

BrownOwlknowsbest Thu 31-Jan-19 19:35:30

It's a bit difficult to see from the photos and I'm not a vet, but my guess would be that whatever is causing the gungky eyes has got into his sinuses and is now seeking a way out. You may well have a weeping spot there by tomorrow. Probably best to see the vet as it can get quite unpleasant for the dog if that is the case

KCLover Thu 31-Jan-19 19:40:05

@BrownOwlknowsbest We clean them often with cotton pads and warm water but they just keep coming back! Vet last said it was nothing to worry about but going to take him back about this thing on his head and the eyes. I don't know why it keeps happening! But his eyes get gunky a lot and I've never seen this patch appear before.

ABitOTT Thu 31-Jan-19 22:52:49

Your pup is beautiful.❤ We have owned & fostered cavalier king Charles spaniels, sometimes cavalier/springer crossbreeds & they all pull that same face. The one I currently foster, refuses point blank to let me take a picture of him!

I cant help you with a diagnosis, but as it has only just appeared, you're on to it quickly. Get an appointment with your vet & in the meantime try not to worry.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in