Talk

Advanced search

Help! Shit stains and worse.

(7 Posts)
Lucisky Wed 30-Jan-19 12:33:08

My dog has been unwell and had diarrhoea on my bedroom carpet. Dog been to vet and now better, but I have been left with a problem. As soon as it happened, I cleared up and washed the area with liquid soap and water. The next day, once the carpet had dried, it was obvious there was a stain, and it smelt vile, so I washed it with a proprietary carpet cleaner. Still smelt, still stained. I have since washed it twice more with biological washing liquid and used a pet odour neutraliser. Trouble is, when you wash it, it looks like the stain has gone, but as soon as it dries it is obviously still there, and I can still smell it. Any ideas? It is one of those carpets you can wash with bleach, although I haven't tried this. Would a bicarb paste work?
Over 40 years of having dogs, and I've never had this problem before, and I've cleaned a fair few shitty carpets in my time. Any ideas?

OP’s posts: |
BlankTimes Wed 30-Jan-19 12:42:09

Wilko's 'OUT' removed the nasty stain on our carpet, spray on, leave for 48 hours. .

Don't know how it would react with all the previous things you've used, maybe try a test patch?

fivedogstofeed Wed 30-Jan-19 12:48:09

Dr Beckman carpet cleaner. Amazing stuff, and doesn't bleach your carpets.

pilates Wed 30-Jan-19 17:08:23

Yes when dry sprinkle bicarbonate of soda, leave for a while and then hoover up.

Pringle89 Wed 30-Jan-19 18:26:15

I always used hydrogen peroxide on stains (the stuff from the chemist - usually 8%) watered down slightly. Obviously depends on the colour of carpet but always works well on my cream carpets - got rid of spag Bol vomit stains and coffee etc x

Lucisky Wed 30-Jan-19 18:34:55

Thanks all. Anything that can remove spag bol stains must be good! I will try all of these in rotation until I get a result. I have given it another scrub today with a hot washing powder mix, and I couldn't smell it after, so perhaps I am winning.
The vet thought it was something she'd eaten. Christ knows what, but I have rarely smelt anything so foul.

OP’s posts: |
KateGrey Wed 30-Jan-19 18:37:13

Dr Beckman carpet cleaner. I spilt a load of tomato soup on our light coloured carpet and it has got it out.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in