Holidays in wales

(8 Posts)
Mishmashmoo Tue 29-Jan-19 11:42:00

Hi, looking for a holiday home in Wales for a week or so in May, near a dog friendly beach. Can anyone recommend anywhere? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
ImMeantToBeWorking Tue 29-Jan-19 12:00:30

Following. I was thinking about getting the ferry over last year but never got the change. Would love to this year (pending Brexit and all that!) But I have the dog Passport ready to go!

ilovespinach Tue 29-Jan-19 12:00:45

Not really a holiday home but we visit the Haven caravan park in New Quay. Many caravans are pet friendly and SIL always brings her dog. Right next door to a lovely big none crowded beach with many dogs.

Lucisky Tue 29-Jan-19 19:03:36

We rented several cottages in Wales when we had two dogs, both north and west. A lot of the cottage sites online let you search for ones that accept dogs. Have you tried that? That's how we found ours.

Mishmashmoo Wed 30-Jan-19 08:13:11

Thanks ... I’ve joined a fb group called ‘dog friendly holiday accomodation’ so that might come up with something. Yes I’ve looked online but was hoping for a recommendation on here.

OP’s posts: |
Applesaregreenandred Fri 08-Feb-19 22:18:11

We have stayed near Aberdovey and Conwy in N Wales.

At Aberdovey you can't take dogs on the first bit of the beach, I think May - Sept but the rest of the beach is fine, you can take dogs into some of the shops and pubs.

Conwy there is a lovely beach round the corner from the Marina and over the estuary at Deganwy. Again we found a few pubs could take dog into - I found a website about dog friendly holidays and it listed lots of things to do, where you could take dogs, dog friendly pubs / beaches etc

There is lovely countryside near to both places .

pineapplebryanbrown Fri 08-Feb-19 23:01:27

I'm going here

www.bestofwales.co.uk/west-wales-cottages/aberystwyth/374994-gwarcwm-uchaf

Advertisement

CountingToThree Fri 08-Feb-19 23:07:29

Barmouth has a huge & lovely beach. Dogs aren't allowed on one small section in the main season but otherwise there's miles of beach they can use.

My mum has a holiday house there which takes dogs (but might be a bit big for what you need) www.theholidaycastle.co.uk but I'm sure there's plenty of other dog friendly accommodation in the area

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in