Just had huge fright

(7 Posts)
DustyMcDustbuster Mon 28-Jan-19 16:16:19

I have 2 dogs: a 10yr old staffy cross & a 5 yr old beagle. We have our own patio garden & direct access to huge shared garden. The dogs run around in both.

Son was downstairs talking to me & I asked where the staffy girl was. She wasn't in living room with me. Couldn't find her, so knew she must be in garden.

Went down, calling. No response. Had a panic, thinking she might have got injured or ill. So I was looking in the overgrown bushes & calling her. No response. I was panicking.

Then suddenly she appears on the wrong side of the flipping fence! No idea where the hole is. She then couldn't get back through. Son had to go round front & into neighbour's garden (they have no gate). She didn't appear. Then she was at the gate from the patio, barking - so she'd obvs found her way back through!

It's freezing out there & she wasn't even cold. I'm now wondering if she went into someone 's house! confusedgrin

Now I'm trying to get my heart rate back to normal! Effing dogs.

But now I'll need to find the hole as the bloody beagle is stupid & if he gets out f*ck knows where he'd end up!

OP’s posts: |
typoqueen Mon 28-Jan-19 17:19:36

ours did this too, bloody scared the life outta me, we found the gap buy putting his lead on, he soon led us to the hole x

DustyMcDustbuster Mon 28-Jan-19 17:59:10

@typoqueen I hadn’t thought of that! Thank you. I’ll do it when the beagle isn’t in the garden otherwise he’ll then know, until I get it patched. It’s bloody scary, isn’t it? I honestly thought I was going to find her collapsed, but no. Out enjoying neighbour’s garden. Lol.

typoqueen Tue 29-Jan-19 10:32:43

lol they are little in my case big buggers, worse than toddles scaring the poop out of us smile

DustyMcDustbuster Wed 30-Jan-19 11:06:22

So true!!! She now cries for me to open the gate but I haven’t had time (CBA) to find said hole!! She’s an arse!!

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Wed 30-Jan-19 11:35:24

This happened when visiting DF.

It turned out late one night that the NDNs are prone to leaving out a whole roast chicken for the foxes, which PestDog helpfully found. Naturally since then he's considered it to be very worthwhile trip to make!

DustyMcDustbuster Wed 30-Jan-19 15:32:14

@Avocadoes omg. No wonder he keeps going back! My upstairs neighbour used to chuck out chicken for the foxes, but stopped when we got 1st dog. Thank fuck! My NDN however puts down dog food, and that’s the garden she can get into!she’s fat enough!! Lol

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in