Ear infection again.

(6 Posts)
Maelstrop Sat 26-Jan-19 10:50:05

Remove grain from food, it’s one of the big allergens. With repeated infections, I’d have a scrape done to check for allergies. Chicken is another big cause of allergic reactions.

missbattenburg Wed 23-Jan-19 10:42:14

Whilst still agreeing with everyone that finding out the specific cause is important when you have repeat problems, I use Thornit (canker powder) every month or so in Battendog's (springer) which I think helps keep them clear of problems.

Theoscargoesto Wed 23-Jan-19 10:27:03

Mine had an ear infection at about 9 weeks and she too has fluffy/folded ears. The vet gave me antibiotics plus some special stuff to clean her ears with before I put the drops in. I have used the cleaning liquid every so often (as advised). I absolutely agree that it's important to find out what's causing the infections but it might also be worth asking if there is a cleaning regime that might help? I can probably find the name of the stuff if that would be helpful

Detoxpup Wed 23-Jan-19 08:23:20

Repeated ear infections can be a sign of allergies.

BiteyShark Wed 23-Jan-19 08:17:36

Other than a quick look in her ear have the vets done any further tests in case they are missing something that keeps causing the infections?

At this stage I would be asking why they keep happening, what other things could it be and whether there are further tests to be done.

Hope she gets better soon.

CollyWombles Wed 23-Jan-19 08:02:14

My pup is now 10 months old and has had three ear infections so far. Her ears are very fluffy and folded over. This morning I noticed her scratching at her ear and shaking her head afterward, a quick look and her ear is red again. Back to the vet we go. I'm just wondering if anyone else has a dog prone to ear infections and if there is things I can do to try to prevent them starting in the first place? I feel like I should have a repeat prescription from the vet for her, poor pup.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in