Desperately Seeking Foster/Long Term Home for Loving Small Spaniel Cross Rescues

(5 Posts)
tenbob Fri 07-Dec-18 22:03:00

Op, I can't offer a home to these two but just wanted to say an enormous thank you for your amazing work for these and all the other dogs

It brings a tear to my eyes that there are so many incredible people out there helping these gorgeous dogs

thanksthanksthanks

Sadsiblingatsea Fri 07-Dec-18 21:45:24

#Vallahalagonebutnotforgotten
The dogs are fully vaccinated and prepped with their own pet passports. They were transported by Thompson Pet Travel, a top notch pet transport business known for their meticulous attention to welfare and detail.

I am offering full rescue backup and am presently covering all their costs. They have been assessed by me and volunteers at the kennels. They were both being fostered by dear friends in Greece, who vouched for their good nature, so their provenance can be assured.

I’ve volunteered with various Greek and Romanian animal charities for the past 6 years, fund neutering programmes abroad and on rare occasions such as this, rehome dogs under my own auspices. I am a Patron of Greek Animal Rescue, a charity I am devoted to – so am not without support and advice in matters canine.

I used to own Chimney Farm Rescue in Surrey, from where hundreds of dogs were rehomed, but sold the property this year in order to devote more money to neutering programmes abroad.

Thank you for your interest and I hope this provides some reassurance. Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have further questions.

OP’s posts: |
Vallahalagonebutnotforgotten Fri 07-Dec-18 20:52:59

What support are you offering to the foster and new home?
Who assessed the dogs behaviour and requirements?
What medical checks have been carried out?

Snowwontbelong Fri 07-Dec-18 20:15:11

Absolutely gorgeous op!! All full here but fingers crossed they get their forever home very soon!!

Sadsiblingatsea Fri 07-Dec-18 20:12:54

I wonder if any kind Mumsnetters would consider fostering or offering a forever home to 2 beautiful small/medium one-year-old Kokoni/Spaniel cross type brothers called Biscuit and Barney? I am helping a Greek friend who rescues abandoned strays from her home near Athens. She is deluged with dogs so I offered to help her rehome this pair.

They were transported to the UK last weekend via Thompson Pet Transport. They have their pet passport with details of up-to-date vacs; they are healthy, well-balanced (love people and other dogs) and friendly. I don’t want to separate them as they are very close and love snuggling up together. I always say it’s easier to have 2 dogs rather than 1 as they keep each other company when you are out so fewer worries about separation anxiety and barking. I have spent £580 on transport and more on vacs and preparation and kennelling bills but I am more interested in finding a good home together than getting all my money back.

Here is a link we’ve put up with a few pictures:
www.facebook.com/dogswalkthiswayrescue/photos/a.208661332801831/780689315599027/?type=3&hc_ref=ART1lwBiDad9ZVxkMLfnMpFskF_mK0xSNotaN3NuL5kEnMil0tPA0qxBhAhGw8EF7I0&__xts__[0]=68.ARCahP5TRYQ3_5TbBaiG7sIvH1Ivy7SAKIJf2nhGmba20NN16K18u07-aUnyQYx9b5T4C5S6dHBS8OEs0kycJ8jZtEZh20an6WSEzIwP4-a4xd0oNdxoF7p1Q3dG2sutiElVps8w5rS8OaQRbWQULvzPxeciZQ1Z1wegHBscFHEsW2-yCridtnOcT46KncjqDIvdOFG_bgHKNpNnP8IaJpMr-0hIQiFJ_5C5eCmGboJ0NIM5He8a_dFhL6yABdbkOSlQ3g_CF-gN4J-5b04It4rDlhdJ6SVEPz3ctGf0F5zvepQ0Z28pIFkfOGC5nzsCF2we6C88fUqQA6n27wYN28B_RlEgTzLyH7x7sKAPlTAAnvhUDjqZU9b0gd3BtiUGJB3pxuFra6ANR2Qtc8HVPgW4s6eS6FFeY4yb_hWcwY-Cx0MGBibyXhQpcUbjmrNykH_MAytq4txRAKUF-cuA&__tn__=EC-R

If interested, do get in touch and I can arrange for you to pop in and see them at the kennels near Bracknell, Berks.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in