First Season

(5 Posts)
Dumpyandabdabs Sat 08-Dec-18 09:19:58

Thanks for your replies. Good to know others have experienced the same without issue! Wufti i'm hoping it will have a calming effect, she is absolutely nuts.

OP’s posts: |
wufti Thu 06-Dec-18 22:27:30

Our show cocker spaniel didn’t have her first season until just under 14 months old, and it has helped her to calm down.

fivedogstofeed Thu 06-Dec-18 22:23:34

I've known plenty of dogs to be over one before a season. Think it may be fairly common in bigger breeds.

IthinkIsawahairbrushbackthere Thu 06-Dec-18 21:34:54

It's not unheard off but it's quite unusual. Could she have been in season without you realising? My parents' collie showed no signs of being in season but as regular as clockwork, every six months they would be besieged by stray dogs barking at the gate.

I think thyroid issues can cause hormone problems. It might be worth checking with the vet.

Dumpyandabdabs Thu 06-Dec-18 21:20:32

I have a springer/lab bitch who has just turned 1. She's healthy, happy and generally crazy however she's yet to have her first season. Our vet advised us to let her have one before getting her neutered but i'm now getting a bit concerned. Anyone had experience of similar, not sure if I should take her to the vets or not. Shes definitely not pregnant so thats not a worry.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in