Poorly dog

(13 Posts)
wheelwarrior Tue 27-Nov-18 17:24:54

My poor boy earlier on been his normal happy bouncy self

Not eaten anything he should not of far as know .
Was sick all of a sudden (not unusual to be sick once normally caused by eating crap literally
Was bit relyctant go out for walk but had a wee etc came home laid down then seemed really wobbly now reluctant to walk almost stiff and very lethargic
Eaten his dinner fine

Vet checked him over ears etc fine no obvious pain .not dehydrated ..Took Bloods but agreed that best taking him home as howls when away so he less stressed at home than vets (unless at home boarders then is fine )
Racking my brains trying to think of any cause but don't like seeing my normal bouncy lab like this
Tail wags but not at normal manic speed .He did just lift head as heard youngest school bus so is aware

But so worried he is pretty much my constant companion and we often spend hrs out together

OP’s posts: |
BiteyShark Tue 27-Nov-18 17:56:07

Poor warriorDog. It's awful to see them unwell and more so when you don't know what's wrong. Are you back at the vets tomorrow?

wheelwarrior Tue 27-Nov-18 18:26:50

Yes back tomorrow or in night if goes downhill .Fortunate our vets is a 5 mins maxium drive and is full hospital staffed overnight by own team

He is just lying on sofa dozing with odd very week wag of tail .Normally his tail if could harness power would light up my house
Luckily I sleep downstairs so be in same room not that think be much sleeping tonight

BiteyShark Tue 27-Nov-18 18:30:50

Hope he feels better soon.

Wolfiefan Tue 27-Nov-18 18:33:04

I hope you have a peaceful night and your dog feels so much better tomorrow.

wheelwarrior Tue 27-Nov-18 19:10:03

Just like kids when they full of beans you want 5 mins quiet when they are unwell and quiet you want them bouncing around

Wolfiefan Tue 27-Nov-18 19:17:15

Completely. And they can’t tell you how they feel or what’s wrong.

Advertisement

BiteyShark Tue 27-Nov-18 19:24:19

He is just lying on sofa dozing with odd very week wag of tail

That always breaks my heart as you know they are feeling unwell yet they still want to show you that they love you and are happy to see you.

wheelwarrior Wed 28-Nov-18 02:09:55

Not slept much with worrying about him and paying the bills up front then claiming back . As know I can only find £500 (new thread is up about it

Wolfiefan Wed 28-Nov-18 07:24:45

How’s he doing?

wheelwarrior Wed 28-Nov-18 08:32:33

This morning he seems absolutely fine no wobbling full of beans.Thank you all for handholdin

even the vet is surprised not look like the same dog that saw yesterday .He came in expecting D dog been rushed in overnight .
Not the dog greeting him at 8am that complaing was starved not walked and tail going like the clappers

BiteyShark Wed 28-Nov-18 08:44:43

So glad he bounced back. Fingers crossed he stays that way.

Wolfiefan Wed 28-Nov-18 10:26:23

Oh that’s great. Here’s hoping it stays that way!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in