Dog insurance recommendations...

(7 Posts)
thekingfisher Mon 19-Nov-18 10:35:56

Just had renewal through for our 8 year old BT it double last year at £615/annum through Tesco . We made a claim this year as she had a choking incident on a chew so did expect it to be higher and Tesco were great at the time. However this now seems very toppy!

Any recommendations before I delve into the rabbit hole of compare the market etc. Petplan wont cover her as she's now 8 other than their basic cover and we want whole life cover and currently have up to £7500 fee coverage...

OP’s posts: |
thekingfisher Mon 19-Nov-18 13:22:03

bump

BiteyShark Mon 19-Nov-18 13:25:58

Can't really advise as I use petplan.

However, do watch out for the preexisting conditions as that will include anything you went to see the vet about and not just what you claimed for.

Kennycalmit Mon 19-Nov-18 13:41:02

Sainsbury’s

threemilesupthreemilesdown Mon 19-Nov-18 14:07:37

Unfortunately 8 is usually the cut-off for new lifetime policies (5 for some breeds) so you may struggle to find anything other than 12 month limited policies.

thekingfisher Mon 19-Nov-18 15:07:37

Thank you - has anyone any experience of legal and general? all the others that have come up look a little dodgy as I haven't heard of them ...

DogInATent Mon 19-Nov-18 15:11:48

It is possible to get lifetime cover at 8yo, but expect there to be a higher excess and owner-contribution on treatments, and be prepared to accept a lower annual coverage value.

Animal Friends offers this cover, I know they have some vociferous critics on here but when Petplan don't offer what you want you need to go to someone that does.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in