Recommendations for puppy harness......

(6 Posts)
LizzieBennettDarcy Tue 13-Nov-18 19:49:22

We're getting our new addition next month and I'm a bit bamboozled by looking at harnesses online! I had a great one for our current cocker who's nearly 6 but stupidly gave it away and can't remember what make it was. It was a step in type, and covered the whole of the chest area.

Can anyone recommend something soft but strong and that can't be reversed or pulled out of grin.

OP’s posts: |
Eifla Tue 13-Nov-18 21:53:16

Perfect Fit are brilliant. Secure, comfortable and sold in three pieces (back, chest and girth) so you can upgrade each piece as needed as the dog grows.

LizzieBennettDarcy Tue 13-Nov-18 22:33:34

Thank you, I will google.

OP’s posts: |
RIPWalter Tue 13-Nov-18 22:38:07

Ruffwear front range.

Great for training as they have a front attachment for lead training as well as the usual back attachment and they are hard wearing.

Loads of xxs and xs on eBay second hand.

My Cocker X bedlington terrier was in an xxs first, he is fully grown and still fits his xs front range, but also has a small ruffwear harness in another style (with pockets for him to carry stuff on big days out).

FairfaxAikman Tue 13-Nov-18 22:40:58

Any with a Y shaped front - though I'd definitely get a Perfect Fit once fully grown.

Julius K9- style ones are popular but are easier to slip and impede free movement in the front legs.

RIPWalter Tue 13-Nov-18 22:41:01

Ok, so I missed the bit about pull back out of. My dog had managed that twice from his front range (in a proper panic so not under normal conditions). The ruffwear webmaster which he had now (but with pockets on) is a step through, so not possible to reverse out of. All the search and rescue dogs use them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in