Dog bed

(8 Posts)
HereForTheLineEyes Fri 26-Oct-18 14:49:12

Best dog bed for a large dog (golden retriever).

We have been through quite a few. I want something durable that you can bung in the wash, and something that holds its shape well.

OP’s posts: |
BiggFactHunt Fri 26-Oct-18 14:57:31

Mine have a Tuffies nest. It was flipping expensive but so easy to clean, doesn’t hold dog smells and the sides don’t collapse when they rest their heads on it.

BrokenWing Fri 26-Oct-18 15:18:06

When our lab got over his chewing phase at 18 months we got an Orvis (cheapest basic square one when on sale) memory foam bed. A year later it still looked brand new so got another one for upstairs. We have had them for 3 and 2 years respectively and they still look brand new.

We usually top them with a bit of Bronte Glen paws vet bed in winter for some extra warmth / when he is damp after walks.

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Fri 26-Oct-18 16:52:41

A Hik9 perhaps? They're raised, come with various pad styles, and you can get replacement parts. A friend swears by them www.hik9.com

Aprilislonggone Fri 26-Oct-18 16:53:25

Yours of course!!

RTFT Fri 26-Oct-18 17:03:33

I second orvis, they are fab, expensive but go the distance

whateveryousay Fri 26-Oct-18 17:16:38

I’ve got a ‘3 peaks’ dog bed for my goldie. The top pad comes off to wash frequently, the main pad is waterproof, but the cover zips off to wash too.

Advertisement

whiskyremorse Fri 26-Oct-18 17:33:00

Tuffies are amazing. We have a flat mattress and two nests for two vizslas. They love the nests for curling up and the mattress for stretching out so depends on how your dog sleeps. They last for years. You might get lucky on eBay?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in