Poorly dog

(9 Posts)
CleverQuacks Tue 16-Oct-18 21:03:31

First, before anyone says it I know I have been incredibly stupid and can’t possibly feel any worse so please go easy on me!

Earlier today I was in a rush and dumped some bags of shopping into the house before rushing out to pick up the kids. I was only gone about 15 minutes but in that time the dog got into the shopping and, a long with a lot of food, the dog has eaten a whole pack of loratadine anti histamines.

I rang the vets and rushed her down there as soon as I realised what she had done. They made her sick and have spoken to the poisons centre.

She has a fever and fast heart rate which are the main signs of loratadine overdose so she has clearly ingested a fair amount. Their is a chance that it could lead to seizures. The next four hours are the most critical.

I feel so awful. I am so worried about her.

OP’s posts: |
Afternoonteaandicecream Tue 16-Oct-18 22:07:05

Sending you . Please don't beat yourself up. You have done all you can for her by taking her straight to the vets as soon s you saw what she'd done. I hope she's ok xx

LEMtheoriginal Tue 16-Oct-18 22:09:55

Dogs are opportunistic buggers - its not your fault!

You did the right thing getting her to the vet. Fingers crscrossed for a speedy recovery.

BiteyShark Wed 17-Oct-18 05:55:19

Hope she is ok. No matter how hard you try you can't wrap them in a bubble so dont beat yourself up.

Icklepup Wed 17-Oct-18 09:48:31

Hope she's ok!
flowers

pigsDOfly Wed 17-Oct-18 11:27:01

You were rushing around and sometimes we can't think of every eventuality. Unfortunately, it just happened to be that bag your dog got into.

Accidents and mistakes happen. You got the dog to the vet as soon as you realized what had happened so try not to beat yourself up about it.

Hope she's ok.

TickleMyPickle Wed 17-Oct-18 18:20:32

How is she doing today?

Advertisement

Icklepup Thu 18-Oct-18 19:50:47

Is she ok OP??

bobstersmum Thu 18-Oct-18 20:10:30

Hope your dog is OK op!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in