Dog and I got attacked by another dog

(4 Posts)
NewYoiker Sun 14-Oct-18 21:03:11

I don't know how it happened.

Walked home from the pub after a nice walk and snooze in the pub for him,

I'm not sure what happened, a terrier on a lead walked past him
And suddenly the terrier was biting him on the neck growling and snarling. I pulled the terrier off and got bitten as well. But the dog has no cuts or puncture wounds on him,

Was it a real bite if it didn't break the skin? (Dog not me, I've got stitches)

I've reported to the police and the dog warden but I don't know what happened/ he's fine now I'm back from A&E but was it him? Was it the other dog?

OP’s posts: |
Nesssie Mon 15-Oct-18 10:48:38

You need to ensure the police follow this up, they have a tendency to try to close dog bite case without further action. If you sustained injuries, take photos and emphasise to them that you needed stitches. This is a Section 3 Dangerous Dog Offence and needs to be investigated as the criminal offence it is. That does not mean the other dog will be put down etc, but may impose some conditions (ie muzzled when out)

This was not your fault. And not your dogs fault. Some dogs do not like other dogs - that's fine IF the owners are responsible and take precautions. It may have been the first time this other dog has done this (unlikely) in which case it may have shocked the owner into taking more care next time.

I would try and take your dog out as soon as possible, to an area he is familiar with and get him around other dogs so that he doesn't develop a fear of them. However, it is likely that you will be more scared/tense of passing other dogs now, and he may pick up on that, so you need to get yourself out there, walking past other dogs etc.

MarcoPoloCX Tue 16-Oct-18 14:48:07

The other dog was on a lead so why didn't you make sure your dog gave it space?

NewYoiker Wed 17-Oct-18 00:07:22

Our dog was also on a lead, on a pavement on a busy road with no crossing. How else are you meant to get past? Go back to the pub until that dog is completely out of the way?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in