Would a dog roll in vomit?

(12 Posts)
bobstersmum Sun 14-Oct-18 17:56:26

Just been a walk with the kids and dog. I could see him rolling in something in the other side of the playing fields, then when he ran back over I instantly smelled a vomit like smell. I have bathed him. I'm paranoid now in case it was vomit and he's brought it in the house for us all to catch the dirty little sod! Would a dog really be as disgusting as to roll in human sick?

OP’s posts: |
BiteyShark Sun 14-Oct-18 17:59:11

Dogs are disgusting creatures so very possible looks at BiteyDog who likes to roll on rotten dead animals

BernardsarenotalwaysSaints Sun 14-Oct-18 18:00:01

Yes. short & to the point answer

VioletCharlotte Sun 14-Oct-18 18:03:00

Yes. Mine has.--Then ate what was left--

YolandiFuckinVisser Sun 14-Oct-18 18:07:17

Yes, I believe they would. One of my dogs is a roller, she found a pike's head by the river yesterday. That was disgusting.

Our old dog once found a plastic bag full of decomposing rabbit heads in the woods, there had been a hideous smell for about a week but we didn't know where it was coming from. Our theory is that he knew where it was but waited until the heads had reached the perfect state of putrefaction before he went and got the bag and rolled on it til it burst so he could coat himself in that delicious rotten rabbit scent.

He was so very pleased with himself but it took several hosings down and shampooings before we could bear his presence in the same room

BlackType Sun 14-Oct-18 18:10:20

As VioletCharlotte says ^^. Sorry.

YourMatesListIsEmpty Sun 14-Oct-18 18:10:44

My dog ate the contents of my child’s potty. I’m not sure where that comes in the Dog Ladder of Disgusting Treats.

Advertisement

HonniBee Sun 14-Oct-18 18:13:50

Ugh.
Dogs are disgusting! Mine is a poo roller- it’s a good job he’s also cute.

bobstersmum Sun 14-Oct-18 18:24:24

Oh no. I was hoping someone would say no and that a dog wouldn't do that for some scientific reason. So now he will be banished until I'm certain he's bug free. Pretty sure the kids stroked him after the rolling, before the bath. Yuk. Could have been dog sick I suppose, or something else sick smelling.

twattymctwatterson Sun 14-Oct-18 18:26:15

My dog eats his own shit. Repulsive fucker

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Sun 14-Oct-18 18:33:42

Mine is a shit roller and a vomit ester, but he hasn't combined the two activities yet

bobstersmum Sun 14-Oct-18 19:15:31

He still stinks but it smells more cow shitty now. Can I spray him with dettol lol

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in