Unable to sleep

(2 Posts)
FluffyPinkCloud Wed 03-Oct-18 02:49:07

Hi all. Well my nans pug will be arriving in about 10 hours, so excited. I wonder how long it’ll take me to stop thinking of her as my nans and start thinking of her as mine lol.I do have a question though, my auntie has been making up her food for years using the right vitamins/minerals and joint care and fish oil bought fr dogs mixed in with healthy nutritious food. How easy is it to cook for a pug? How long will one batch of food last once it’s been portioned and frozen? And would it be easier to switch to lily’s kitchen? That was what I was going to do until DA told me it was no trouble cooking for the dog and she’d cope better if I stuck to home making her meals.
I work from home so finding the time to cook isn’t a problem, it’s just whether that actually is the best thing for the dog. Plus is it cheaper or does it just look it on the face of it?

OP’s posts: |
AvocadosBeforeMortgages Wed 03-Oct-18 07:30:12

It's impossible to know if your aunt really has been meeting all of the dog's nutritional requirements. It's one of those things that's easy to get wrong tbh.

Keep her on your aunt's mixture until she's settled in, then consider your options. Butternut Box is a top quality frozen home cooked option, for instance, so it might be a good alternative.

Www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk is an excellent website for identifying dog food that's both nutritious and sensibly priced

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in