Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about your pet's health, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Anyone use Borrow my Doggie?(3 Posts)
I'm considering joining Borrow my Doggie .
We have a beautiful but energetic Cocker Spaniel puppy , that gets plenty of walks & love but I think he will need even more in the near future.
Has anyone ever used it in the last 2 years?
Try a professional dog walker?
Hi, I’ve been using BMD for the last 6 months, and maintain 4/5 regular borrowers to support us on a variety of occasions, dependent on their circumstances matching our needs.
Couple of suggestions if you progress:
- Write an accurate profile of your dog
- Articulate your requirements of a borrower clearly to avoid time wasters
- VET THEM (you are not obliged to proceed if you are not 100%)
- Only engage with full members, not basic ones. If they are not prepared to sign up to the insurance/added benefits, they are not worthy of looking after your dog!
- Write post references
- Look after them. This is a no payment site, so I don’t mean payment per se, but whatever you think appropriate to show you value them to build a longer term relationship.
It’s not for everyone, and you’ll find some just don’t work out, but we’ve been really fortunate to develop a local network that are prepared to help out, (our requirements also change as our pup gets older) whilst satisfying their own needs of loving a dog when their own circumstances don’t lend themselves to owning one at this point in time.
Hope this helps, good luck!