Dog left on it’s own

(15 Posts)
Velourpine Sun 30-Sep-18 20:26:07

My NDNs appear to have gone on holiday and left their dog alone in the house. It’s not the first time they’ve done this either. I’ve been sat in my studio with the curtains open since 6am this morning and definitely no one has come to feed/walk it. How long can dogs survive by themselves? NDNs have been gone since Friday night and they usually go away for 1-2 weeks. Been hearing some really strange noises coming from the house, I hope it’s okaysad I’ll give it a few days and if I’ve not seen anyone come in then I’ll call RSPCA. They barely care for it when they are here so not surprised at this really

OP’s posts: |
Aprilislonggone Sun 30-Sep-18 20:28:54

I would call the police and say you think they have burglars....

Velourpine Sun 30-Sep-18 20:31:44

My OH suggested that, I might have to soon if I hear any more noises. It’s a mid terrace so the other side should be able to hear it too. RSPCA wouldn’t have the powers to force entry and check on the dog would they?

OP’s posts: |
Aprilislonggone Sun 30-Sep-18 20:35:06

Not sure what noises you can hear but once a noise I heard from my kitchen was when ddog switched the electric hob on and a pizza box had caught fire!! Thought that was a far fetched possibility tbh but it happened.

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Sun 30-Sep-18 20:38:26

Jesus don’t leave it a few days, that poor dog, report it to the police, if they don’t help then call the RSPCA the owners should be prosecuted for this absolutely disgusting.

adaline Sun 30-Sep-18 20:40:07

Don't leave it a few days! I would call the police now and report the dog as abandoned.

Aprilislonggone Sun 30-Sep-18 20:41:37

Either police or get over there and check around for a spare key.
If you do nowt you are an accessory to it's suffering imo.

Advertisement

JesusInTheCabbageVan Sun 30-Sep-18 20:48:42

Can you see anything through their window or letterbox? Can you ask the neighbours on the other side if they know anything?

There was a story in the news recently about someone who paid a dog sitter to look after her two dogs in their own home - dog sitter didn't bother and just left them to die sad

Shadow1234 Sun 30-Sep-18 20:50:20

As others have said, please do not leave it any longer.
I think you should call either police or R.S.P.C.A. Its already been
nearly two whole days - thats far too long (poor thing).

The house must smell of dog poo and urine. No way for a dog
to be treated.

We are all behind you for calling for help, please do it now!!

NoSquirrels Sun 30-Sep-18 20:56:25

You don't think anyone came in yesterday either?

Not that that makes it OK that no one's been to the dog in the 14+ hours you've been watching today, but it's much more serious if the dog's been alone for more like 48 hours.

Our little delight was on her own for 3 hours on Saturday and managed to make herself pretty ill thieving a full loaf of bread not properly put away, and that was after a long walk when she should have been tired out and just slept. So worst case your NDN's dog could be in bad shape if no one has checked on it for days, and best case it will be ravenously hungry/thirsty and relieving itself in the house.

Are you SURE the dog is in there?

AgathaF Mon 01-Oct-18 08:48:04

That poor dog. I hope you got somewhere with reporting.

DownAndUnder Mon 01-Oct-18 10:26:32

Please ring the RSPCA, what if it has no access to food and water sad

Aprilislonggone Mon 01-Oct-18 13:50:16

I know the bother our ddog gets into when I am home never mind her home alone, please op say you have done SOMETHING??

billybagpuss Mon 01-Oct-18 15:31:02

What has happened OP I hope the dog is ok

Icklepup Tue 02-Oct-18 18:35:19

Have you reported it??

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in