Puppy has itchy tummy

(4 Posts)
MissShapesMissStakes Sun 30-Sep-18 14:39:48

My 14 week old puppy has been commando crawling a lot today and he’s been having sudden itches on his belly/around his penis area.

I can’t see much there but it’s obviously annoying him.

Is it just a crazy puppy thing or is it more likely that he has an allergy (have started letting him have a few bits of cheese the last few days - could it be that?) or something else that needs treatment?

Can I try something like sudocrem on it to help him for today? (I’m new to dogs!)

I will phone the vet tomorrow but not sure whether to insist on an appointment right away or wait (them don’t often have same day appointments).

OP’s posts: |
MissShapesMissStakes Sun 30-Sep-18 15:06:55

Have read sudceeam or Manila honey are good to have in the first aid box. Has anyone used these?

OP’s posts: |
Vallahalagonebutnotforgotten Sun 30-Sep-18 20:04:32

I am no vet but I would not put sudocrem on any dog. The trouble is that dogs will lick most creams so

1. they are not very affective
2. the ingredients are not save to ingest.

I tend to watch any skin issues, keep them clean and stop the dog licking them. If they continue I would always go to a vet

Aprilislonggone Sun 30-Sep-18 20:08:26

What flooring do you have? My ddogs react to carpet fresh spray and vanish carpet cleaner.
Pet's at home do a fab antiseptic lotion for a fiver in a purple bottle. After putting it on give a chew /new toy as a distraction.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in