Are there any wormers that protect against LUNGWORM that I can buy online?

(9 Posts)
QuestioningItAllDay Wed 26-Sep-18 10:09:49

My puppy is due her wormer and ate a slug this morning.
I need a wormer that protects against lung worm.

OP’s posts: |
TurquoiseCat Wed 26-Sep-18 10:17:04

Milbemax does lungworm. We get it direct from the vets, but you can get it online as well.

BiteyShark Wed 26-Sep-18 10:22:13

I thought the ones you can get are prescription only but you can get your vet to issue a prescription and then you order it online.

QuestioningItAllDay Wed 26-Sep-18 10:32:48

Milbemax requires a prescription

The vets is a bus journey away and I don't really want to have to do the journey right now hence wanting to order something online.

OP’s posts: |
LuckyKitty13 Wed 26-Sep-18 10:36:40

Vet here. No there isn't as far as I'm aware - all lungworm treatment requires a prescription. Options are tablets given monthly (milbemax or milpro) or spot - on products monthly (advocate or prinovox or equivalent)

BiteyShark Wed 26-Sep-18 10:42:52

Unfortunately it looks like a bus journey OP as you are going to need a prescription before any online company will dispatch them in which case would just be easier to go and get some from the vets.

adaline Wed 26-Sep-18 14:57:23

We use Panacur which is supposed to treat lungworm.

Advertisement

adaline Wed 26-Sep-18 14:57:54

And we ordered online without a prescription - just had to fill in weight/sex/age of dog.

Floralnomad Wed 26-Sep-18 18:07:20

With panacur as a treatment for lungworms it needs to be given on 7 consecutive days at the correct dose for body weight so not really practical for dogs that eat slugs / snails as you would be forever giving wormer .

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in