Puppy in buggy?

(5 Posts)
adaline Sat 15-Sep-18 12:07:06

Nothing wrong with trying it - though be prepared for it not to work very well with a wriggly, excitable, nosy pup! I've seen it work very well for older dogs, or very small toy breeds, but I can't really imagine it working well for a gun dog like Vizsla.

MuddyWellyNelly Sat 15-Sep-18 11:56:42

The croozer has straps and a front flap so technically he could be clipped in similar to a car harness. I'm just not sure how far I will be able to carry a fairly big puppy!

Happy to be told it's a stupid idea though wink

OP’s posts: |
LinoleumBlownapart Sat 15-Sep-18 11:51:10

When I used to do the school run with a buggy my cat would sometimes climb into the bucket basket under the bugaboo, he loved it as it was totally enclosed. He would often sleep but if we stopped to chat to someone for example, he would stick his head out and meow a greeting. But a puppy is totally different kettle of fish than a big docile tomcat.I don't think you'll be able to keep a puppy inside a buggy!

adaline Sat 15-Sep-18 11:45:16

Good luck containing a Viszla puppy in a buggy when there's loads of exciting smells and places to explore!

You could try it, but if his nose is anything like our beagles', he'll be wanting to sniff everything and anything. Ours would have cried and howled in a buggy!

MuddyWellyNelly Sat 15-Sep-18 11:29:09

Will it work? Getting a vizlsa puppy in 3 weeks. He'll be 11 weeks by the time we get him so for at least another week he'll not be able to come on walks; and even then just short ones. However I also have a toddler who likes to go for long walks after nursery. We have a bike trailer that converts to a buggy so I'm wondering if it would work to take everyone and put the puppy in the croozer once he's had his "allowed" walk? Obviously I won't know till I try but has anyone done it successfully? Any tips? We've also a normal bugaboo but I doubt that'd work!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in