Any vet advice?

(2 Posts)
Modestandatinybitsexy Mon 10-Sep-18 16:30:24

DDog is recovering from an ear infection. Had drops at the beginning of Aug which didn't work and he's now on his 2nd round of stronger drops with an in ear thingy.

Not long after these new drops - 2days- he started throwing up. Every 12 hours about 2/3am and 2/3pm he'd throw up his mostly digested dinner, not a huge amount, and just once each time.

Checked this with the vets when he went for 2nd lot of stronger drops last week and she prescribed antacids. He's not thrown up since.

However, got home from work today to find he's pooed on the floor. Semi solid (sorry TMI!!) and has since had small amounts of diarrhoea.

This is a dog that loves life, he's been fine although shitting on and off for half an hour. He didn't make a fuss about his ear or throwing up. I'm worried about a blockage with the vomiting last week and the poo trouble this week. How long do I wait? The vets will probably tell me to bring him in.

OP’s posts: |
BiteyShark Mon 10-Sep-18 16:56:59

Have you googled the medication to see if it's a common side effect?

However, if you think it's a blockage then I would phone the vets. My dog had emergency surgery to remove a rag stuck in his stomach and intestines and we were very lucky that it was removed quickly so the intestines were only bruised rather than ruptured.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in