Dog friendly couples holiday around bonfire night??

(3 Posts)
Medea13 Thu 30-Aug-18 13:17:10

Hi all,

Looking for some holiday suggestions for a couple and a springer spaniel for the weekend around Nov 5th. We live very close to a somewhat famous fireworks location and this year we've decided to try to go away to avoid the worst of the disruption. I've only recently learnt to drive so I'd like to avoid a long journey if possible -- ideally somewhere within an hour or so's drive from north London. Other things we're looking for:

Quiet
Pretty (ideally near somewhere woody)
Dog friendly!
Cosy (and warm -- so not camping -- dog friendly hotels or cottages (slightly leaning towards hotels to avoid lots of cooking))
Wifi if possible

The dog has arthritis so we won't be planning any long/strenuous walks, but we would love to be able to get out in the countryside with her for more leisurely sniffing/strolling.

I know there are lots of dog friendly cottage companies and there are sites like airbnb and canopy and stars but I feel quite overwhelmed by the choice and daunted by the prospect of making the wrong decision. So I'm hoping some lovely people will have specific suggestions for cottages/hotels and/or parts of the country...

Help!

OP’s posts: |
DogInATent Thu 30-Aug-18 15:34:47

The North Norfolk coast is about two hours from North London, straight up the M11 and the A10. Great for dogs, with a choice of woodland and beach. Plenty of coastal villages and harbours for mooching around with a hound.

Ladyformation Thu 30-Aug-18 18:04:54

If glamping is an option, we've stayed at Wolferlow Wigwams in Worcestershire - beautifully rural, luxurious cabins (get the running water one!!) and very dog-friendly. Lots of gentle walks and pubs on the door step.

In Norfolk, the Norfolk Mead Hotel is really really lovely with some dog friendly rooms but you'd probably miss out on all the facilities like the spa and restaurant.

Down by the sea in Kent, the White Cliffs hotel also has some dog friendly rooms and is a lovely place to stay with some beautiful walks on the beach and cliffs and Kent countryside.

Have a lovely time!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in