Tell me about your goldie oldies.

(3 Posts)
sugarplumfairy28 Tue 21-Aug-18 20:56:02

I have 2 dogs, a 13 year old Westie and an 11 year old miniature dachshund. They are completely inseparable, my Westie loves bath time, or to be more specific drying off after bathtime, she loves belly rubs and licking my feet. My sausage is a bit dim, not in 11 years has he got the grasp off fetch, he is very pretty and he knows it, and he loves rooting around in places he shouldn't.

Recently I have become very aware of how they are not young dogs anymore and I feel on edge about losing them.

Would love to hear about other people's goldie oldies by way of a pick me up.

OP’s posts: |
Aprilshowersinaugust Tue 21-Aug-18 21:01:12

When I was 18 months my dps got a dog from a shelter. Vet was certain she had distemper but dm was determined to save her..
She was pts when we were both nearly 21 and I was pregnant with dc 2. As an only child she was my furry dsis. She went through everything with me. Was pretty invincible, only seeing the vet for 1 accident (stick through the throat - urgh) and pyametra, she was amazing!
I am self employed and her name is my business name. She was pts on 4/8/91

Rip.

JaimeLannister Tue 21-Aug-18 21:04:50

I have an 11 year old Golden Retriever. She has no idea how old she is! She wants to keep up with the young dogs and refuses to be left behind. She has arthritis but is doing well with hydrotherapy and pain management.

She loves learning new tricks and will move the earth for treats! I love her so much, she's my best girl.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in