Poorly boy 🙁

(4 Posts)
Britta1 Fri 10-Aug-18 05:27:36

Hi all

My boy hasn’t been himself for the last 24 hours and I’m unsure if a trip to the vets is in order! We got up yesterday to find he’d had a accident in the kitchen which is very unlike him, it wasn’t diarrhoea but a little looser than normal. DH took him for his walk and he was very quiet and not interested in going out at all. While they were out he had yellow/orange coloured diarrhoea. He just doesnt seem to have any energy at all and is quite lethargic. He had a little more of the same yellow/orange diarrhoea last night but not much. We have fed him but gave him a little cooked chicken last night which he seemed excited about and seemed to enjoy and I took him just a short walk round the block and he was relatively alert & interested in smells etc just not the usual bundle of energy he usually is.

I’ve been up and down to check on him a few times over night and he’s seemed fairly settled. He’s not jumping up and down on things which concerns me, he’d usually be on and off the sofa & bed but he’s just been staying on the floor unless we’ve picked him up.

I’m meant to be working today but not sure if this warrants a vet trip sooner rather than later? They are open till 8pm so I may be able to get a appt for after work but I’m worried about leaving him that long. DH can pop home at lunchtime and I could ask MIL to pop in at some point to check on him too. Was thinking of maybe trying him with a little rice and chicken this morning?

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
adaline Fri 10-Aug-18 12:19:40

Please take him. I believe orange/yellow poo can indicate liver problems which can be really serious if not treated.

Britta1 Fri 10-Aug-18 12:22:09

Thanks. They couldn’t fit us in today so have appt booked for tomorrow morning. He’s with my MIL today and she said he’s quite settled so will see how we go the rest of today/tonight and take him tomorrow.

OP’s posts: |
sonarbear Fri 10-Aug-18 13:57:11

Fingers crossed all is okay with him.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in