Talk

Advanced search

my Terrier has just mouthed a toad

(5 Posts)
Allycumpooster Tue 17-Jul-18 22:38:21

And now she is foaming at the mouth. I have tried to flush her mouth out, the silly mutt, not sure how effective it was.
According to the poisons website English roads are a fairly mild poison and I should monitor her for a few hours. Sigh, I love my pup but she is a proper numpty.

OP’s posts: |
TropicPlunder Tue 17-Jul-18 22:43:39

Yeah I think UK toad poison is designed to promote instant spitting-out of the toad! So hopefully not much ingested and no major problem, just an irritating vile taste.

DramaAlpaca Tue 17-Jul-18 22:48:03

Poor dog, hope she's OK. Toads taste very unpleasant apparently & I bet she won't try that again.

My silly spaniel tried to mouth a hedgehog in the garden yesterday. I managed to grab him & pull him away immediately & luckily harm was done to either hog or dog.

Allycumpooster Tue 17-Jul-18 22:55:07

She has settled now and seems fine for her misdemeanours. It will take her a few days to forgive me for sticking a calpol syringe of water in her mouth.
Disclaimer- the syringe was clean and I couldn’t thank no of any other way of sluicing her mouth out.

OP’s posts: |
PersonalClown Tue 17-Jul-18 23:04:17

My stupid Doodle makes it a challenge every autumn to find a Toad before I see it and stop him.
I swear he has fluff for brains. Manky taste or not, he tries every year.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in