Talk

Advanced search

Handhold needed please - Returning ashes home

(5 Posts)
Cloudwalk Sat 14-Jul-18 21:59:47

This morning, whilst on holiday in France our beautiful most cherished and adored dog of three years had a series of cluster seizures (he was already epileptic) and we made the agonising decision to let him go after three hours of non stop convulsing whilst in a medically induced coma.

I am tearing myself down about the decision, and even though he has just had THE MIST EPIC two weeks of his life running round France, I hate that I didn't spend more time with him

We have just made it home (after agreeing for him to be cremated in France and I am in bits. We have another dog who wasn't present but doesn't know life without him and she keeps looking for him around the house

I need to know if there are any known restrictions to brining a dogs ashes home from France in a car/plane please?

Devastated and heartbroken - any words of wisdom?

OP’s posts: |
MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Sun 15-Jul-18 10:52:45

No, sorry but just wanted to say how sorry I am. Sounds like he had a very happy life and a fantastic time before he died. flowers

Cloudwalk Sun 15-Jul-18 13:07:01

Thank you, he sure did and we are going to nominate a day that every year we go to the beach which was his best place for a picnic, feel like I have lost my best friend in the world

OP’s posts: |
user1955 Tue 17-Jul-18 17:08:37

flowers
Nothing I can say, but offering a handhold.

DamsonPie Tue 17-Jul-18 17:29:51

So sorry. I’ve had two fur babies cremated and it was awful. flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in