Talk

Advanced search

Facebook breed groups

(7 Posts)
tobee Mon 09-Jul-18 17:24:11

Hi! I joined a breed specific Facebook group and its offshoot group for puppies and studs.

I've been browsing for a while. Would you trust a group advertising puppies on a closed Facebook group in this way?

I'm looking for a pup from beginning of September onwards.

Tia

OP’s posts: |
geekone Mon 09-Jul-18 18:16:24

Our closed Facebook group for our breed does not allow advertising of any dogs and does not allow breeders to show their puppy’s online either. Even our breeders Facebook page does not show any new puppies.

carbuckety Mon 09-Jul-18 18:21:50

I wouldn't. What I did when I was looking for a new puppy was ask fro breeder recommendations and then did lots of research. It's difficult but most reputable breeders don't need to advertise. The kennel club also list breeders and you can click through to find litters

tobee Mon 09-Jul-18 18:33:38

Ok thanks for the advice.

I'd rather go through champ dogs or kennel club.

Catsrus Mon 09-Jul-18 18:39:20

I joined the breed group I wanted, said I was looking for a puppy in a years time, then began to join in the group discussion. After a few weeks I was contacted by a breeder who said she was planning a litter in 2017 and might be willing to put me on her list. She requested that we become FB friends so we could check each other out. We just had a birthday get together for the pups' first birthday😎. She is perfect, exactly what I wanted and worth waiting for.

I would recommend taking it slowly, get to know the breeders who have the type you want, make sure they do all the health tests for that breed, then get on a waiting list or two.

Wolfiefan Mon 09-Jul-18 18:40:18

No decent breeders advertise online. Go through the actual RL breed group.

tobee Mon 09-Jul-18 19:01:00

Thanks again.

I'm in touch with the breed group via email as well.

I will go back to them.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in