Talk

Advanced search

You warned me but I didn’t listen

(15 Posts)
CleverQuacks Sat 09-Jun-18 20:16:34

I have had my whippet x greyhound pup for 1 week. When I was researching the breed I read a lot about how lazy these dogs are and how they hog the sofa. Not a problem I thought.

However one week in (pup is 9 weeks old) and I am squished into the corner of the sofa whilst pup is stretched out on her back, legs spread in all directions taking up more room than you would ever imagine a small pup could. It’s a good thing I love her!

MyKingdomForBrie Sat 09-Jun-18 20:18:43

Awww mine was the same!! grin many an evening spent squished in one corner of the sofa with my exdp squished in the other with one comfy happy lurcher stretched across the rest!

Etino Sat 09-Jun-18 20:19:08

😂
It’s hard to get a picture of my Greyhound cross as she’s always --trying to melt into a nearby human--draped over one of us.
Picture please. 🐶

Wolfiefan Sat 09-Jun-18 20:19:54

You're going to need a bigger sofa (or another one!!)
grin

BoiledFrog Sat 09-Jun-18 20:22:39

Mine used to wedge himself into the sofa behind my back whenever I slept on it. He used to do the same between me and exdp, which was fine we were back to back, not so fine when doggy dreams meant he scratched the buggery out of my back grin

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Sat 09-Jun-18 20:23:23

Be glad you only have 1 ddog.

liz70 Mon 11-Jun-18 22:39:28

Whatever could you mean, OP?!

grin

kelper Mon 11-Jun-18 22:43:08

My whippet cross loves to slide in behind me when I lean forwards! She also jumps in my seat the minute I get up, and looks all innocent ;)

CatkinToadflax Tue 12-Jun-18 09:36:40

We recently bought ourselves a larger bed to give our labrador us more space. In fact she uses up every millimeter of the extra space by flinging her legs and arms even wider than before....lucky we love her....

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Tue 12-Jun-18 12:32:25

Ddog had a mishap and had to wear a cone, didn't have the heart to let her be teased by the other ddogs so she slept in our bed. Dh slept on the couch.
6'4 hunk of power on a 2 seater couch!!! grin
Lurcher with head on his pillow!!grin

june04 Tue 12-Jun-18 12:33:17

Fab photos!

pigsDOfly Tue 12-Jun-18 18:59:49

Love the photos. Give up on the sofa OP, it's gone now and dog will only get bigger.

My dog only weighs around 6kg yet she can somehow stretch out on her back across the top of my double bed so that I have to squeeze myself in and balance on the very edge.

Phillpot12 Tue 12-Jun-18 19:16:38

This is a taste of what we have to come....hoping to get a rescue lurcher/whippets x this summer....looks like we will be pushed off the sofa! grin

Wolfiefan Tue 12-Jun-18 19:27:10

Yep. Give up on the sofa.
Get another sofa.
Then another dog.
Continue to sit on the floor!
grin

sobersandra Wed 13-Jun-18 15:41:32

Brilliant!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: