I’d like to pick your extensive collective doggy brain please. We’ve been mulling over getting a second dog for AGES. I began thinking more seriously about it for this summer as I want to get a rescue and we would be around more during the holidays. But I’m now not sure if I have left it too late for our current dog as he’s 13/14 and even though the new dog wouldn’t be a puppy I worry that he’s too old to bring another dog into the mix?? We also had some bad news about his health yesterday- the vet found a mass in his chest and although it’s not causing serious problems yet we can anticipate that he’s not going to recover. We’re all gutted. However - the good thing about dogs is that he doesn’t know he’s ill and is behaving just as nuttily as usual and making me laugh. Anyway - that’s a long way of asking you all should we wait to adopt or go for it now?