Talk

Advanced search

What is this on His face?!

(14 Posts)
honeybeeq Wed 09-May-18 21:11:34

It wasn't there yesterday and it doesn't seem to hurt him
But it is quite red and not quite wet or dry. He stuck his head in a holly bush yesterday though. Does this need a vet??

OP’s posts: |
LittleGreySheep Wed 09-May-18 21:22:31

Oh dear, it does look sore. Bathe it and put some Savlon antiseptic cream on it. If it's still there by Monday call the vet.

LEMtheoriginal Wed 09-May-18 21:23:49

It's probably a scratch - where in the country are you?

honeybeeq Wed 09-May-18 21:25:03

In Leeds
Oh my god it's not Alabama Rot?

userxx Wed 09-May-18 21:34:41

Try not to panic. See how it looks tomorrow and if it isn't improving ring the vet.

LEMtheoriginal Wed 09-May-18 22:48:56

Probably not. However if that spreads I'd get to the vet. My bet it's just a moist excema that will clear up or a reaction to the holly.

Wolfiefan Wed 09-May-18 22:53:28

Mine had similar on her nose when she ran into a tree. Who knew trees didn't get out of the way?!

SpanielsAreNuts Wed 09-May-18 23:08:24

It probably is just a slight wound from the Holly. Put some cream on and vet if it worsens.

Ruffian Wed 09-May-18 23:10:44

Could be ringworm. Have a good look over him, see if there's any other similar marks. Def see vet.

SpanielsAreNuts Wed 09-May-18 23:12:01

Wolfie that has got to be one of the most self pity filled looks I've ever seen on a dog! Bless her and her giant cuteness

Wolfiefan Wed 09-May-18 23:24:01

She was obviously feeling very sorry for herself! It wasn't sore and gradually did just repigment again.
She hasn't learnt about trees etc not moving out of the way though!!

BettyBooJustDoinTheDoo Wed 09-May-18 23:26:26

I’m sure it’s nothing but I would take him to the vets just to be sure, is there AR in your area?

honeybeeq Thu 10-May-18 14:55:12

Vet thinks it's a cut but there's a lot of inflammation and he has a new lovely rash all over his tummy so he's on steroids- hey think it's essentially doggy hay fever/ allergy to grass. We have a medicated shampoo too.

He did make me laugh when he ate the tablets immediately from the vets hand as he thought they were treats 😂

userxx Thu 10-May-18 18:55:48

Glad you've got it sorted and the panic is over.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in