Talk

Advanced search

Dog poo and children!

(5 Posts)
limitedscreentime Tue 08-May-18 09:07:10

I keep finding new and wonderful things I never knew existed so wondering......

After you pick up dog poo (thinking about the garden with young children), do you clean the grass with anything to clean residue?! If it’s a lot I’ll hose it, but otherwise I don’t do anything - not sure if I should!

OP’s posts: |
BiteyShark Tue 08-May-18 09:13:30

I use a watering can so we just wash the area a bit with water.

I don't have children to worry about but I figure there isn't a lot more you can do to clean it.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 08-May-18 09:23:59

When our DD was young we kept an area fenced off (just some trellis panels tied together, easily moved for mowing) for the dog to use.

The next dog liked royal canin, there's rarely any 'residue' - if your dog tends to be loose you might want to adjust his diet.

And (obviously!) worm regularly.

limitedscreentime Tue 15-May-18 23:16:30

Thanks! The dog is new so getting used to a new diet but seems to have settled down tummy wise. The toddler has taken to pooing on the grass instead (also having to wash that down). Lawn will be good this year at least!

OP’s posts: |
Lonecatwithkitten Wed 16-May-18 06:58:40

There is a recent study that shows that if you worm the dog monthly you reduce the risk of toxocara transmission in your home environment to zero. This is due the fact that you break the lifecycle completely.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in