White lump on dog's paw pad (pic)

(16 Posts)
origamiwarrior Tue 01-May-18 12:48:23

Just noticed this round lump on my dog's paw. She doesn't seem in the least bothered by it (not limping, not licking). Anyone had something similar? Do I need to take to vets? Going anyway in 2 weeks for annual vaccs - can it wait?
TIA

OP’s posts: |
Whatdoiladymcbeth Tue 01-May-18 12:49:38

That’s a tic. Or tick. Not sure on spelling. Remove with a tic remover if you have one, if not you can do it yourself but google first.

Whatdoiladymcbeth Tue 01-May-18 12:50:30

Just so you know it does need to come off. A vet will do it for you if you don’t fancy it but isn’t a necessity for them to do it.

sugarr Tue 01-May-18 12:51:56

Have you tried touching it to see if she responds? It may not be painful being left alone, but if you're touching it and she responds in pain then It could be more serious and I would advise taking her to the vet sooner.

Bless her.

SilverHairedCat Tue 01-May-18 12:53:23

It does look like a tick. If you haven't removed one before, there's a knack to it or you'll leave bits behind which is bad.

Personally I'd go to the vet today and ask them to show you how to remove it so you're all set up for the future.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 01-May-18 13:02:59

The that does not look like a tick there are no black legs visible where it attaches to the pad. Could be a wart. I see too many warts that are traumatised by attempted removals as they are thought to be ticks.

HugMeBringItIn Tue 01-May-18 13:05:10

I don’t think that’s a tick and I’ve seen a lot of them.
Could be a wart or a cyst. If it’s not bugging her and she’s not licking it I’d just check it every day until you go to vet to make sure it’s not growing or oozing.

Advertisement

origamiwarrior Tue 01-May-18 14:27:41

Thanks everyone, on close inspection I don't think it is a tick (that was my first thought too) as the surface is skin/pad like, rather than tick like IYSWIM (and no legs!).

Do warts or cysts ultimately need removing by a vet? Will keep an eye on it.

OP’s posts: |
Acesr2 Fri 09-Nov-18 03:58:23

What did the vet say. I discovered a very similar spot on my dogs pad as well. Just like your dog mine is unaware anything is odd there. It feels very similar to texture of the paw. Does not appear to be a tick

Bellaj1 Sat 27-Jul-19 13:38:49

Hi just came across this thread after searching for exact same problem and wondered what the outcome was on your dog origami warrior if you don’t mind sharing

DebSak Sun 22-Sep-19 18:18:00

Hello OrigamiWarrior - what was the result of your dog's bump on the paw? This thread came up in my google search and it looks exactly the same as my pup. Any ideas? Much appreciated!

PutyourtoponTrevor Mon 23-Sep-19 06:20:49

Is she a Westie? Mum's Westie has one of these on her paw, vet said it was a wart and nothing to worry about, but to keep an eye on it in case it grows

Herc76 Fri 25-Oct-19 05:36:55

Found the same nodule on my dogs paw pad as well. Anybody have a clue as to what this might be?

akawills Tue 26-Jan-21 19:56:04

Hi, Just noticed exactly same white lump on side of my dogs paw (rear) and Dog is limping and it is uncomfortable for weight. Did anyone know what this lump is, how to treat or if vet required. Many thanks, akawills

Christinethomson1 Mon 31-May-21 15:38:09

Did any of you guys find out what this hard raised white lump on the paw was
T
Christine Thomson

Justa47 Mon 31-May-21 16:21:15

@origamiwarrior

I would go to the vet

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in