Talk

Advanced search

Feeling guilty

(3 Posts)
PenguinDi Mon 09-Apr-18 11:38:21

We are on holiday and left ddog with my parents for the week, but he's not coping very well and is very down from what they have said, but he is eating and drinking. He has been there quite a lot and we sent him with a blanket from home with our smells on it, I can't help worrying about him.

OP’s posts: |
mrsjoyfulprizeforraffiawork Mon 09-Apr-18 15:33:25

He'll be OK till you get home - he is eating and drinking so not as bad as it sounds. My old dog wouldn't eat when I went away - various home boarding folks spent ages cooking her special suppers and pursuing he around their houses trying to feed her delicious chicken by hand, with only limited success. As soon as she came home, she'd be downing the food with great appetite. It did mean I couldn't go away for too long but it was her way of protesting. Unfortunately, you cannot ALWAYS take your dog away with you. Next time, might he like to stay with a home boarding person who has other dogs as well? My current dog does this and she LOVES it.

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Tue 10-Apr-18 12:50:32

He will, ultimately, be fine in the end.

Has he been to visit before? If it's an unfamiliar environment and his humans aren't there, it's not too surprising he's a bit bewildered.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in