(9 Posts)
zzzzz Wed 14-Mar-18 10:11:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
zzzzz Wed 14-Mar-18 10:12:21

FittyPheasant Wed 14-Mar-18 13:21:19

What do the kennel staff say about it? It does seem strange and I can understand your concerns.

zzzzz Wed 14-Mar-18 14:05:25

Nesssie Tue 20-Mar-18 16:30:02

It could be that he has been hitting his tail on the kennel walls (either through too much wagging or spinning around).

My dog gets very excited when other dogs are walked past and does a weird spin/jump up the wall which sometimes causes a bit of a graze on his shoulder. It depends which kennel he is in and he is now put in specific kennels to stop it happening.

Perhaps ask the kennels, and if he stays there again ask them to keep an eye out for any possible reasons.

zzzzz Tue 20-Mar-18 17:41:02

babyblackbird Tue 20-Mar-18 19:49:40

Ooh gosh be careful about this if it is as a result of him hitting his tail on the kennel wall. My dog that we had when I was growing up ( lab cross) wagged a lot when in kennels but rubbed the tip of his tail so raw and it was left untreated by the kennels for whatever reason ( trying to be fair !). Anyway he had to have it docked when we picked him up as it had got infected beyond saving. He was never put in kennels again.

I was only young so don't know all circumstances but assume his kennel was too small.

zzzzz Tue 20-Mar-18 20:20:09

Nesssie Wed 21-Mar-18 10:50:51

As long as they are aware of it and can check its not broken the skin etc. then I would be inclined to think its just one of those things and if he seemed relaxed after his stay then I would give them another try. Obviously an unnoticed, untreated, open wound like babyblackbird would be worrying!

I don't know what I would do if my kennels closed, I can't imagine him going anywhere else!
And house sitters, home boarding is not an option as he is such an escape artist (opens doors, climbs out windows) that I wouldn't trust him (or them).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in