Advanced search

Pooing in the house :-(

(9 Posts)
PetraDelphiki Mon 12-Mar-18 09:16:55

Dog is now 14 months and has been consistently pooing outside since 4 months...but he seems to have started going inside :-(

He’s had very loose stools for a couple of days so I don’t know if he’s intentionally doing it or if it’s accidental...but any ideas how to stop it? Corks spring to mind but probably not an option!!!

He gets a good walk at least twice a day (he’s only little so 30 mins is plenty) so it’s not like he doesn’t get the chance to go outside...and he’s always been good with this until now!

BiteyShark Mon 12-Mar-18 09:49:41

He might be caught short if his poos are loose. Are they are his usual times or different (suggesting upset stomach).

I would give him more toilet breaks, a probiotic and praise again when he goes outside.

PetraDelphiki Mon 12-Mar-18 12:32:34

Definitely different away at mo do dh dealing with this (and complaining!!)..

BiteyShark Mon 12-Mar-18 16:18:23

Could your DH be feeding at different times and different foods? I would assume as this has only just happened he just has a poorly stomach and is struggling to hold it in at the set walking times. Have you been away before and everything has been ok (do you think there might be some seperation anxiety going on with you not being around)?

PetraDelphiki Tue 13-Mar-18 15:09:27

Shouldn’t be different times/food - dh very good with him! He’s used to us being away...and he’s had dh/dd around! Am actually off to vet later - poo now totally liquid and dog not as active as usual so going to get him checked! Will update...thanks for the advice though!

BiteyShark Tue 13-Mar-18 15:11:48

Oh dear definitely sounds like an upset stomach given your update sad

PetraDelphiki Tue 13-Mar-18 18:06:27

Antibiotics again...poor poopy!!!

BiteyShark Tue 13-Mar-18 18:07:49

Hope he feels better soon. At least that explains the change of behaviour.

PetraDelphiki Thu 15-Mar-18 12:28:22

Seems to be getting better thankfully! Dh thinks he was missing me...I think it’s because I took him to the vet!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now