Talk

Advanced search

Dog poo question

(9 Posts)
BumpowderSneezeonAndSnot Sun 18-Feb-18 16:51:41

I ALWAYS pick up without fail apart from one time. Ddog took aim into a pile of brambles and ended up with a shit kebab pile (and looked quite pleased with herself she had achieved the seemingly impossible). There was no way I was going to be able to pick that up without serious injury no matter how I tried.

So are there ever times when it's acceptable to leave a dog shit or should you always pick up no matter what?

Pomeranio9834 Sun 18-Feb-18 16:54:05

I had one occasion when one of the dogs had the serious runs. It was just liquid. I squirted some water over it which just made it spread even more but there was literally nothing to pick up blush

missbattenburg Sun 18-Feb-18 17:30:13

Only for the very worst of the runs - and then I normally gather some material (leaves, grass etc) to spread over it then kind of stamp it down to make sure it doesn't get disturbed.

Chifi Sun 18-Feb-18 17:32:59

You should really get your ducks in a row and leave the area *

* messing obviously. You can't retrieve squirts but as PP said you should do your best to cover it up.

BiteyShark Sun 18-Feb-18 17:39:07

When BiteyDog had the runs I would try and bury it under a pile of dirt and leaves.

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Sun 18-Feb-18 19:59:13

I did have to make a strategic decision with my last poo bag once. I'd brought four out, and he'd used three quite quickly. Then poo four came. We were in woodland and several hours away from home. I made the strategic decision to cover it up. Turned out to be the right one when he did another poo on a pavement later that day.

I've never left home without at least five poo bags since that day blush 💩

FittyPheasant Sun 18-Feb-18 20:21:08

If im in the middle of no where I will use a stick and flick

Haint Sun 18-Feb-18 20:37:36

We walk in remote places. I’ll often stick and flick into a hedge etc. beats wrapping it in plastic that’ll take hundreds of years to biodegrade. dog isn’t a multiple pooper luckily. He’ll only do one on a walk

Nyetimber Sun 18-Feb-18 21:04:24

There are areas where you are discouraged from picking up as the plastic bag manufacture and disposal is far more environmentally damaging. I very rarely pick up as he goes in woods, off paths and not where others walk. I would flick away from footpaths but in thick wood, I’d leave to disintegrate.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: