Talk

Advanced search

Lily's kitchen

(15 Posts)
rose69 Wed 14-Feb-18 15:01:46

A while ago our vet recommended Lily's Kitchen. Went there yesterday and they no longer sell it and said that the contents were not as advertised. I can't find any reports on this on the web. Does anyone know (surely it would be very risky for a company to do this) and any recommendations for wet food. Thanks

Floralnomad Wed 14-Feb-18 15:03:58

No idea about any issues with Lily’s Kitchen but my dog has Natures Menu pouches and he thoroughly enjoys them .

BiteyShark Wed 14-Feb-18 16:27:39

My dog absolutely loves the wet food from Millieswolfheart.

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Wed 14-Feb-18 21:36:18

We've just been using some of the dried food to tide us over until the mail order stuff got here. Dog seems to like it, but of course that means bugger all.

I hadn't heard the contents weren't as advertised - did they elaborate?

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Wed 14-Feb-18 21:46:14

Re recommendations for wet food - have a look at allaboutdogfood.co.uk

SPARKLYSTARSHINESBRIGHT Thu 15-Feb-18 22:16:25

I use Lily's Kitchen. Did you go to Tesco? I think I remember reading they were doing a cheaper Lily's Kitchen version. I go to Pets at Home or Waitrose to get mine, always found it to be good and is low grain, comes out well on allaboutdogfood

Doctordonowt Fri 16-Feb-18 08:38:07

I order ours from Amazon, our dog has much better bowel control since being fed exclusively on Lily’s

SistersOfPercy Fri 16-Feb-18 13:24:33

I buy the big bags from Lilys direct, shipping is free. The Tesco version is a 'watered down' version and not as healthy.

I recently decided to give him a try on millies wolf heart, ordered 2 trial bags. One made him sick and the other wasn't as popular as his Lilys so I came to the conclusion he was happy as he was.

OhWotIsItThisTime Sat 17-Feb-18 05:55:40

Mine grew up on the puppy kibble and is ambivalent about the grown-up kibble. Goes nuts for the wet food.

Mol1628 Sat 17-Feb-18 06:27:17

Tried it but it was just too expensive for us.

I use step up to naturals now.

That all about dog food site is great.

Doctordonowt Sat 17-Feb-18 08:23:52

This is very interesting about the expense. I find that using Lily’s the dog actually need less because it is quite solid.

When she has tummy problems I add hot water to it and it still makes a good meal

Mol1628 Sat 17-Feb-18 08:25:03

I should have said I was referring to the wet food. I don’t feed kibble.

Doctordonowt Sat 17-Feb-18 08:37:35

I was talking about adding hot water to the wet food.We only use kibble for training.

LolaTheDarkdestroyer Sat 17-Feb-18 10:40:46

Amazon, Waitrose are discontinuing it but Sainsbury's have just started selling it. I wouldn't bother though.

RedSquirrelMoonlight Sat 17-Feb-18 10:55:29

We use Lily's kitchen. Wonder what your vets know OP? Keep us posted.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: