Talk

Advanced search

Dog lovers needed. Enfield EN3

(9 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 06-Feb-18 13:08:02

I do free running for the Guide Dogs; I take out a guide dog, away from his/her 'owner', off harness, to just be a dog, run free and play.

Some guide dogs live in environments whereby a family member or neighbour is able to do this for the 'owner' but others do not have the option.

I free run a lovely dog in Enfield, EN3, every week. I don't live very close and the traffic is making it quite an issue fort me.

His partially sighted owner lives with her elderly and frail husband and has no family around so if i don't take him out, then he doesn't go out. He works of course, and goes out of the house, but he doesn't get to run around and play.

Can you help? I take the guide dog out with my own dog but he doesn't need the company; he is happy just to run and run.

If you think you can help or would like more information, please ask away or PM me.

TIA

mckenzie Tue 06-Feb-18 19:33:35

Bump

rightsaidfrederickII Tue 06-Feb-18 20:51:55

I'd love to do this, but alas it would be about an hour each way for me sad Hope you find someone to help him; perhaps you could try the Cinnamon Trust?

mckenzie Tue 06-Feb-18 22:50:24

Thanks rightsaidfred. I’ll look at that in the morning.

crazycatguy Tue 06-Feb-18 22:54:54

I never knew this was a thing! I live locally to EN3 so will ask friends.

mckenzie Wed 07-Feb-18 08:00:41

Thanks very much CCL

Yokohamajojo Wed 07-Feb-18 14:13:29

There is a very active website and facebook page called Love your doorstep Enfield (LYDS), may be worth asking there?

mckenzie Wed 07-Feb-18 21:48:22

Thanks for the reminder Yoko. I’ve contacted them now.

Enfieldlady Sat 10-Feb-18 23:20:17

..... and outed yourself in the process!!! We have mutual friends.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: