Talk

Advanced search

Equafleece sizing question

(8 Posts)
monkeywithacowface Tue 05-Dec-17 15:33:26

Monkeypup really needs a coat/jumper. He's a lurcher and a skinny little thing. Only thing is at 6 months he's not fully grown so not sure what size to go for. I have no issue buying a new one again next winter when he is fully grown but want to make sure the one I get now will last him until at least February onwards time.

According to his measurements he needs a 24 inch super slim, would it be a mistake to get a 26 inch one for a bit of growing room or will the 24 inch have a bit of stretch? Really need to get something ordered today, poor sod hates going outside for his evening bathroom break and I suspect he is faking having a pee just to get back in asap!

WeeMadArthur Tue 05-Dec-17 15:40:53

Can you phone them and ask about the give in the fabric? I looked for DDog and used their size calculator which resulted in it saying they didn’t know what size I should get, and there was a phone number for advice.

monkeywithacowface Tue 05-Dec-17 16:24:06

That's a good idea thank you

sparechange Tue 05-Dec-17 16:44:47

There isn't much give in the fabric because it is quite thick, and the seams are really well stitched so there is virtually no give at all in those
The cuffs and neck are double thickness fabric so you can't really stretch them so make sure they are the right size or else you'll struggle to get it over their head!

monkeywithacowface Tue 05-Dec-17 17:18:36

O.k thanks think i'm going to size up and see how we go, better to have a bit of growing room than to be too small within a few weeks. When he's out he'll have his harness on over it so that will keep it snug

TheHodgeoftheHedge Tue 05-Dec-17 17:23:49

I'd give them a call and have a chat - they are super helpful when I've contacted them, especially when it comes to dogs with very particular body shapes.

Shambolical1 Tue 05-Dec-17 19:14:34

I don't rate Equafleece for lurcher-shaped dogs, the jumper style at any rate.

I bought one for my late dog a few years back and there is something odd about the sizing/tailoring for long legged/deep chested breeds. It was hard to get it on him, it hurt him and he squeaked when I put it on him. I took it off and never did it again.

It's as if the legholes/shoulder structure is in the wrong place (right size was bought). If you get the legs on, you won't get the neck over the head, and vice versa. There's not enough stretch in between.

A couple of weeks ago, for interest, I tried to put the jumper on my new dog (younger and slimmer all round but the same length) and it wouldn't go near him either.

In the past I've had jumpers made to measure which my last dog enjoyed wearing and I've now ordered one for new dog. They're the similar style but much comfier and easier to put on.

totallyliterally Wed 06-Dec-17 18:01:37

Love our equafleece arrived on Monday. Really impressed with it and how easy it is to put on. It's thick but not bulky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now