Advanced search

Insurance claim or not?

(4 Posts)
WeAllHaveWings Sun 03-Dec-17 11:21:07

ddog had to go to vets yesterday as he had vomited bile 4 times and seemed a bit out of sorts.

He has been on Metacam for around 14 weeks waiting for and post knee surgery. Vet thinks it might be due to acid reflux as side affect from using Metacam.

He had a consultation, antisickness job, antiacid jab then probiotic powders and antiacid tablets prescribed. No idea of costs yet because by the time we had come out the systems had switched over to Vets Now 24hr cover and they will charge us for normal rates not call out.

He has an ongoing claim for his knee problems, do you think I could claim the cost of this through that claim (and not pay another excess) as it is a result of Metacam use? Vet thinks not as there is no way to tell if it is the Metacam or just an upset stomach. Anyone had a similar situation and successfully claimed on original claim?

(or should I just be grateful they've already paid out £2800 on his knee problems!)

BiteyShark Sun 03-Dec-17 11:31:56

Won't your vet have to confirm to the insurers that they think it is related to the previous claim?

tabulahrasa Sun 03-Dec-17 13:39:43

My dog had a perforated ulcer due to metacam... it was treated as a separate claim.

WeAllHaveWings Sun 03-Dec-17 15:23:17

Oh well, was worth a try, thanks. Need to see what the final bill is to see if it’s worth claiming (£85 excess)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: